Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Lamaze Class

Oh brother. We had our childbirthing/lamaze class on Saturday. I think I've mentioned this before...but let me reiterate...IGNORANCE IS BLISS. Learning about all the breathing techniques was fine, learning about the stages of birth was fine, taking the tour of the labor & delivery part of the hospital was fine....what was not fine was the upclose & personal video they have you watch of women giving birth. Ok, I've seen plenty episodes of the Baby Story on TLC....but.....the video showed an UP CLOSE video of a black woman with a super hairy hoo-hoo giving birth. The gray matted head coming out of her hoo-hoo was enough to make me think "ohhh no no no....forget this whole giving birth idea- I change my mind". John was grossed out by the shot of the umbilical cord attached to this kid- he said "it looks like a large Ramen noodle"..... (AHAHAHAHHAHA).

We're in trouble.


Heading in to the hospital


One of the labor & delivery rooms


AHAHAHHA.....so gross

No comments:

Post a Comment